Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions apply to all transactions on www.quovadis-diaries.co.uk website. Placing of an order on this website implies acceptance of the following terms and conditions of business:
1) All prices are shown in £ sterling (£GBP). Prices are liable to change without notice and inclusive of VAT at 20% if the delivery address is in the UK or another member country of the European Union.
2) All products are subject to availability. If your order cannot be fulfilled you will be advised which product is temporarily out of stock, and give an estimate of when we expect to ship your order. If a product is permanently discontinued or out of print, we will inform you accordingly, and arrange any refund due.
3) DELIVERY CHARGES:
a) Within the United Kingdom delivery is included in the advertised price.
b) Delivery to EU European Countries attracts a surcharge which is automatically calculated and added as part of the Checkout process. VAT exemption is available to companies providing a valid VAT registration number.
c) Delivery to non-EU European Countries attracts a surcharge which is automatically calculated and added as part of the Checkout process and VAT is automatically deducted.
d) Delivery to Rest of World attracts a surcharge which is automatically calculated and added as part of the Checkout process and VAT is automatically deducted.
4) Payment can be made by Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Maestro, Delta and Paypal. Payment is taken automatically by CreditCall Payments or Paypal at the time you purchase the goods.
5) If all of the goods you ordered are available at time of order, despatch will usually be made within 2 working days. If any items are temporarily out of stock, we will contact you and advise estimated lead time and in stock alternatives if applicable. For larger orders we reserve the right to use a courier company for delivery; a signature will be required.
6) In the case of non-delivery please wait 10 days from the date your order was despatched in case it has been delayed. If goods are received damaged or faulty please retain the product and contact us within 7 days of receipt, whereupon we will arrange for the item to be exchanged.
7) Transactions on our website take place on a secure connection. We will endeavour to take all reasonable care, in so far as it possible to do so, to keep all details of your order and payment secure, but in the absence of negligence on our part we cannot be held liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party procures unauthorised access to any data you provide when accessing or ordering.
9) Under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000, you have the right to cancel your order within seven days of receipt of the goods, without giving a reason. However, you must bear the costs of returning the goods to us. A refund will be given immediately we receive the goods back in good condition. The exception to this is return of diaries returned after their start date e.g. a January 1st to December 31st diary returned after January 1st, which are treated under the Act as ?perishable?items that deteriorate rapidly? and we reserve the right not to accept their return or to levy a handling/restocking charge.
10) Should you ever have cause to make a complaint, we guarantee to respond within two working days.
11) DATA PRIVACY
Any personal details collected by us during the course of business with you are purely for our internal use. Such details are processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA) and are not forwarded or sold to any third party.
12) All information provided in the diaries and organisers we sell is provided by the manufacturer of these products and we are not liable for any errors therein.
MOCSARI VISUAL SYSTEMS LTD CONTRACT TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR SALE OF GOODS & SERVICES
1. DEFINITIONS (a) "Seller" means Mocsari Visual Systems Ltd. (b) "Buyer" means the person, firm or company to whom goods or services are supplied. (c) "Goods" means any charts, publications or equipment supplied. (d) "Services" means any services rendered by the Seller to the Buyer, including chart correction services.
2. GENERAL Unless otherwise agreed in writing, these conditions shall supersede any terms and conditions stipulated, incorporated or referred to by the Buyer. The Buyer acknowledges that it has been offered other terms of contract, including the opportunity to pay a higher price in return for the Seller accepting alternative terms and conditions.
3. QUOTATIONS AND PRICE (a) Any quotation by the Seller constitutes an offer on the part of the Seller, which may be withdrawn or varied at any time by the Seller until receipt of the Buyer's acceptance. Any order from the Buyer shall constitute the Buyer's acceptance of the Seller's quotation and may not be withdrawn by the Buyer. (b) The prices quoted apply only to the quantities and deliveries specified by the Seller in its quotation or in the acceptance of the Buyer's order.
4. TERMS OF PAYMENT (a) The Buyer shall pay for the Goods at point of order.
5. DELIVERY The Seller reserves the right to select the means of transport.
6. PACKING The Seller shall endeavour to prepare all shipments so that they will not break, bend, or otherwise deteriorate in transit, but does not guarantee against such damage.
7. WARRANTY (a) The Seller's warranty is subject to the Terms of Payment being strictly observed. (b) The Seller warrants that the Goods and Services will comply with the description provided by the Seller in relation to quality and quantity. The Buyer must notify the Seller in writing of any claim for defect or nonconformity within 7 days of supply. The buyer's punctual and valid claim will be met, at the option of the Seller by replacement by the Seller or by repayment of any sum paid by the buyer in the repair of the defective goods and faulty workmanship. (c) The above warranty is given by the Seller subject to the following conditions: (i) The Seller shall be under no liability in respect of any defect arising from fair wear and tear, wilful damage, negligence, abnormal working conditions, failure to follow the Seller's instructions (whether oral or in writing), misuse or alteration or repair of the goods without the Seller's approval. (ii) Except as expressly provided in this clause the Goods and Services are sold without any warranty whether express or implied and any warranty imposed by common law or statute law or EC law including but not limited to the warranty of the merchantable quality and the implied warranty of fitness for a particular purpose contained in the Sale of Goods Act 1979, in so far as permitted by law, is expressly excluded.
10. THESE CONDITIONS TO PREVAIL These conditions shall override any terms or conditions sought to be incorporated in any way by the Buyer in the contract. In the event of the Buyer's terms and conditions containing clauses which are inconsistent with or which purport to exclude the Seller's conditions in any manner, such clauses shall be of no effect and the Seller's conditions of sale shall prevail.
11. PROPER LAW AND JURISDICTION The supply of Goods and Services shall be governed and construed according to the laws of Northern Ireland and any question of interpretation or dispute shall be settled in the Courts of Northern Ireland or, at the option of the Seller, by arbitration in Northern Ireland by an Arbitrator appointed by the Seller in accordance with the provisions of the Arbitration Act 1996 or any statutory re-enactment or modification thereof.